Members must adhere to the Code of Conduct established by the Board of Directors. All members must follow the established Code of Conduct as outlined below which may be changed at the direction of the board.
- Proper use of Assets and Ideas – All members with access to club money or property have the responsibility to manage these assets with the highest level of integrity and avoid any misuse of such assets. Fraud, embezzlement or any other improper means of diverting club funds is illegal as well as unethical.
- Managing Club Records and Information – All members are required to be truthful, accurate, and complete when recording or reporting information that is required in order to make sound business decisions relating to the club’s activities. Therefore, all club members should never make false or misleading entry or statements regarding the club’s business records. This includes, but is not limited to, business records, financial and accounting records, and websites.
- Conflict of Interest – A conflict of interest arises when personal, social, financial, political, or other activities interfere or have the potential of interfering with club member’s activities. Each club member shall avoid conflicts of interest that interfere with the goal and mission of the ShadowChase Running Club.
- Product – Club members understand that all activities associated with the club are the sole property of the ShadowChase Running Club. This includes any product that is produced by an individual(s) for the use and benefit of the club.
- Respect- All members should strive to treat others with respect. Threats and or violent behavior by any member may constitute grounds for the termination of membership.
- Violation – Any violation by a club member or members of any portion of the code of conduct will be brought to the attention of the Board of Directors. Any act that is determined to be detrimental to the ShadowChase Running Club’s goals and mission not specifically covered in the Code of Conduct will be considered a violation. Violations will be discussed at the monthly scheduled board meeting in a closed session and (may) will be voted upon. Termination of membership may result by a simple majority vote of the board. A member who has his/her membership terminated will be notified by the board within 30 days of the meeting in writing.