Pointed Rocks Aid Station
Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run:
Saturday/Sunday, June 24/25, 2023
With the help of club members, the ShadowChase Running Club has supported thousands of participants during the annual running of the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run, a race from Squaw Valley to Auburn, CA.
How Can I Help?
Club members can get involved in various ways before, during, and after the race.
Volunteer needs include:
- Pre-Race Packing and Supply Collection
- Runner Drop bag collection from Squaw Valley
- Race Day setup and teardown
- Day shifts supporting runners
- Night shifts supporting runners
- Food Prep/Cooking
- And more!
Sign up to volunteer using the form below.
Please submit the form for each volunteer that is coming to help with the race.
How Can I Run Western States?
Each year the ShadowChase Running Club Pointed Rocks aid station committee selects one deserving runner to receive a coveted race bib to participate in the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run.
Runner Entry Requirements are as follows:
- Must be a ShadowChase Running Club member in good standing for at least two (2) years.
- Have not received the club entry before. Unless everyone has already received it, then we will consider all people interested.
- We give priority to those who are most active in the club.
- If a runner has tried to get in the lottery or club entry before and has not been chosen, they would have priority.
- Must have worked Pointed Rocks Aid Station for two (2) years — set up and volunteer shifts or volunteer shifts and tear down. Pacing is not considered volunteering to help.
- If awarded the club entry to the race, you must pay the entry fee to the Western States 100 and meet their qualifying standards for entry.
- If selected as the ShadowChase representative, you must wear a ShadowChase shirt at Squaw Valley (pre-race festivities) and during the race to represent our club. ShadowChase will provide the shirt of the participant’s choice, or the runner may provide the shirt, and the club will have the logo put on for him/her. Board members agreed with the recommendations.
Congratulations to Kat Seeba on earning the coveted runner entry for the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run 2023!
Past Western States 100 Club Entry Recipients:
- 1999 Yitzhak Gilon
- 2003 Vance Roget
- 2004 Frank Earnst
- 2005 John Olsen
- 2006 Linda McFadden
- 2007 Leslie Antonis
- 2008 Jack Styer
- 2009 Cancelled
- 2010 John Sousa
- 2011 Charles Wickersham
- 2012 Karen Lozano
- 2013 Karen Lozano
- 2014 Nile Sousa
- 2015 Thomas Lopes
- 2016 Vance Roget
- 2017 Shane Jones
- 2018 Nile Sousa
- 2019 Ted Jacka
- 2020 Cancelled
- 2021 Andrew Taylor
- 2022 Karen Lozano
- 2023 Kat Seeba