This month’s Gem contest we will be keeping the theme Love Modesto.
Do a good deed and post it on our ShadowChase facebook page (October Gem contest). We will put names of the people posting in a hat and select three winners. Participants can post more than once. Include a picture if you like, although it is not necessary to make your post.
Ideas can include:
• Donate cat or dog food to a pet charity. If you don’t know of one, Heidi Ryan can collect and give anything collected the month of October to a pet charity of the club’s choice.
• Do a good deed for a neighbor, elderly or needy family. It can be yard work, pick up groceries, home improvement project. Get creative, there are lots of ways to help others.
• Pick up garbage anywhere in the city or county. There is NEVER a lack of it. City park, trail, city street, parking lot, school, to name a few.
• Send a Thank You note to a Police officer or the Police Station, Fireman or Fire Station, Hospital front line workers. Send a card to someone or someone’s you feel thankful for their
• Surprise someone with a gift. Flowers, a social distance visit, drop by a coffee or yogurt, lunch, dinner. The possibilities are endless!
• LoveOurNeighbors.org has on-going projects listed that would be great to get involved and need help as well.
Use your imagination and have fun with this.
Wouldn’t it be nice to see our facebook page flooded with all the good things people do for each other and our community!
Deadline for posting on facebook is November 1st. Drawing will be held on November 2nd.